WHAT WE DO
The Career Services staff assists University of Mount Olive alumni in identifying and clarifying career objectives, developing skills and strategies for conducting a successful job search, and providing resources and events to assist in finding graduate school and professional positions. Career Services also assist employers in search of well-prepared candidates.
FREE SERVICES PROVIDED TO UMO ALUMNI
UMO Job Network provides a powerful, FREE online recruiting system for students and alumni job hunters, and for employers searching for outstanding candidates. Students and alumni register to search job and internship postings, upload resumes and portfolios, and access job search resources. Employers can register to post positions and search a database of resumes and portfolios
- Personal career advising and job search counseling by a career services professionalResume and cover letter reviews
- Holland Code Assessment
- Strengths Quest Assessment
- Mock interviews for practice and feedback
- Graduate and professional school information to assist with search and application processes
- Career fairs and networking events
- Career resources including guides, workshops, and seminars
- UMO Job Network (through the College Central Network)
UPCOMING RECRUITMENT OPPORTUNITIES
December 19, 2015
Company: Neuse Correctional Institution
Location: Neuse Correctional Institution: 701 Stevens Mill Road, Goldsboro, NC 27530: 9 AM-3 PM
Positions Available: Correctional Officers, Maintenance, Food Service, Plant Controller, Operations Manager, Team Leader, Crane Operator, Heavy Equipment Operator, Control Room Operator, Utility Operator, Pellet Mill Operator, Electrician, Mechanic, Lab Tech, Accounting Clerk
April 19, 2016
Location: Holmes & Lois Murphy Center: 11 AM-1:30 PM
CAREER FAIR OPPORTUNITIES
March 17, 2016 - 10 AM-1 PM - Kornegay Arena
There are also opportunities for career fair participation through the Eastern North Carolina Career Alliance (ENCCA) consortium. These are excellent opportunities to talk with employers located throughout the eastern part of the state about job openings, career opportunities, and hiring processes, and with graduate schools about program information and application procedures.
Wednesday, February 10, 2016
9 AM- 2 PM
McKimmon Center, Raleigh, NC
The ENCCA organizers have very specific requirement for participation. Anyone interested in attending must register. Contact the University of Mount Olive Career Services (email@example.com) for additional questions.
- Resume for the alumnus that does not have an extensive work history - Click Here
- Resume for alumni that do have a well established employment history - Click Here
- Practice interview suggestions - Click Here
- STAR Method for answering tough interview questions - Click Here
We hope you can make arrangements to take advantage of these opportunities.
Questions? Contact Laurica Yancey:
firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 658-7750